The Mediatrix 1204 is a high-quality and cost efficient VoIP gateway connecting IP networks to the PSTN.
It is the ideal solution to deploy private or small hosted toll bypass networks.
For enterprise end-users, the Mediatrix 1204 provides a simple, transparent and cost-effective way of maintaining a connection to the PSTN while migrating to an IP-based telephony infrastructure.
The Mediatrix 1204 connects up to 4 FXO trunks to an IP Ethernet access.
The Mediatrix 1204 provides PSTN access for various VoIP endpoints such as IP phones, FXS devices, softphones and IP-based PBX and Key Systems. It is an efficient solution to maintain local PSTN breakout in remote locations that are converted to IP.
The Mediatrix 1204 provides a gateway to the PSTN for IP-based PBX and Key Systems. Thereby, it allows the deployment of VoIP Remote Line Extension and Branch Office Connectivity solutions without sacrificing any local PSTN access points.
By connecting CO lines from selected sites to a VoIP network, the Mediatrix 1204 enables service providers and enterprises to use a VoIP connection between pre-determined local networks. When used in conjunction with Mediatrix' Communication Server, routing schemes and calling rights can be programmed in order to optimize the use of resources and minimize long distance fees.
As all other Mediatrix devices, the 1204 provides web interface, giving users a convenient access to the unit for initial set-up. The devices can also auto-provision by fetching their encrypted configuration from a TFTP or HTTP server making installation secure and transparent to the end-users. To further facilitate deployments, factory loaded configurations are possible.
- Voice Functionalities
- Carrier-grade voice quality
- T.38 support
- PSTN bypass option available for emergency calls
- Ease of configuration and management
- Automatic firmware and configuration file download
- Encrypted configuration files support
- SNMPv3 and web management
- TFTP or HTTP auto-provisioning
- Network functionalities
- QoS Support
- DHCP client
- STUN Cient
- Interoperable with equipment from leading industry vendors
- Enhanced Telephony Features
- Call Forward on Busy or on No Answer / Call Transfer / 3-way Conference Call / Call Waiting / Caller ID on Call Waiting / Call on Hold
- H.245 and Out-of-Band DTMF
- H.450 basic services
- Dynamic De-Jitter Manager
- Voice Activity Detection